Principle and Motivation
Geophysics is a multidisciplinary science of which applications can be valuable in many topic in earth and atmosphere sciences and engineering.
Foundation of geophysics and many geophysics technology have been developed rapidly over the past decade. Therefore it is important for geophysics community, especially in Thailand and South East Asian countries to present their work and share experience in geophysics for future collaboration.
Department of Earth Sciences, Faculty of Science, Kasetsart University and Asian Institute of Technology are aware of the importance of combining knowledge geophysics for application in various topic such as environment, natural resource exploration and natural hazard and engineering which will eventually help generate a sustainable development of Thailand and AEC. Accordingly, we organize this international conference, Geophysics 2016, with the collaboration with many organizations such as Chiang Mai University, Prince of Songkla University, Mahidol University, Department of Mineral Resources, Department of Groundwater Resources, Department of Mineral Fuels, Department of Royal Irrigation, Geological Society of Thailand and Coordinating Committee for Geoscience Programmes in East and Southeast Asia (CCOP).
- To provide opportunity for geophysics related professions to present and publish their works regarding geophysics and their applications in various topic in earth and atmosphere sciences and engineering.
- Promote and develop the field of geophysics
- Inform what geophysics community are doing by sharing ideas, data, and comments
with participants from both government and private sectors
- Provide a platform to make great professional contacts amang the community
- Deliver a great opportunity for youths and encourage them to become a part of
Date and Venue
January 14th-15th, 2016. Technical Session will be held at the Miracle Grand Convention Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand.
Official Language and Program
The official language of the conference is English.
- The technical program
- presentations by keynote speakers
- oral presentation of full papers (15 minutes including Q&A for each speaker)
- poster presentation (1.30 hours for poster session per day)
- The topics of presentation
- Engineering geophysics and geology
- Environmental and archeological geophysics and natural hazards
- Petroleum, groundwater and mineral exploration geophysics
- Solid earth geophysics, seismology and geodesy
- Modeling and inversion
The conference proceeding will be available at the start of the technical conference as a hard copy and CD.
||Paid before (November 30th, 2015) (THB)
||Paid after (November 30th, 2015) (THB)
|Regular (Researchers, Faculties etc.)